EXEMPTIONS FOR ONLINE SHOPPING ARE BACK!
TO OPT FOR THE EXEMPTION YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
• Present the documentation requested by Box Correos for processing.
• The applicant must be a natural person.
• The CIF value of the merchandise may not exceed $ 500 (invoice + insurance cost + international freight cost).
WHAT YOU MUST TAKE INTO ACCOUNT TO REQUEST THE BENEFIT:
- Complete the Alert form and select the exemption option. This must be done before the merchandise is received in our warehouses in Miami.
- Present the following documentation in any of our branches (prior to the shipment being received in Costa Rica):
- A signed Invoice
- Power of attorney authenticated by an attorney
- Copy of valid ID
- Products eligible for exemption must be solely for personal or family enjoyment.
- This benefit may be requested every 6 months.
- The invoice must contain the description and cost of the product in US$
- Not applicable for restricted products.
- Applies only for one shipment (one invoice).
The procedure is subject to approval by the Ministry of Finance, Box Correos will not have any responsibility in relation to this process. The cost for this process is $ 13.
Additionally, the client must pay the storage fees charged by Terminales Santamaría until the procedure is approved. The fees for the first 15 days are $ 10 dollars, starting on the 16th day there is a flat fee of $50.00 for an undetermined period of time.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT 2202-2992